Saturday, April 19, 2008

29 weeks ( = 7 months, 1 week)


Patrick is making me laugh here, as usual :)
29 weeks (7 months, 1 week).
So I definitely feel bigger now! Tying my shoes became a new challenge. Agility is not the name of the game at this stage, that's for sure. I absolutely love being pregnant though. He moves A LOT now, and that is really fun. Instead of just little kicks here and there, I think he pushes out with his head or butt (the doctor says you can't really tell the difference at this point from the outside). Things are still looking good at the doctor appointments, which are every 2 weeks now, and will go to every week closer to the end, which seems to be coming fast!
Baby Class
We took our baby class last weekend, and we both learned a lot. Our instructors were great - very knowledgeable, real, and fun. We asked lots of questions, and Patrick brought a new vocabulary to the class that the instructor said she'd like to incorporate for the next group. You'll have to ask him what he learned. We talked about things from how to change a diaper to what babies really look like after delivery (not like on tv), the labor process, how to get thru the labor process, what to do when you get home, and so on. It helped to answer a lot of questions, however, I think we'll learn the most when we just start being parents and give this new role a shot. They just remodeled the maternity floor at the hospital, so we got to check that out too. We'll be at Fairview Southdale in Edina, Minnesota. And there's a good chance my friend Courtney who is due within 4 days of me could be there too!
Life in general
Patrick has started riding his motorcycle to work and around on weekends since we've had a little nicer weather. He's been working hard at work and with his inspection business. He's playing guitar right now, and I love it. Baby loves it too as he is dancing. They say he'll be able to recognize our voices and even music. I've been busy with my project at work, a corporate campus in Verona (near Madison), Wisconsin. I'll be wrapping up my travel there by the end of the 8th month, but will work up until "it's time". I really like the firm that I work for, here is our new website: http://www.cuningham.com/. At our church, we're also sending off another group of travelers to visit our sister parishes in Ghana, Africa, so I've been busy working with that group as well as keeping the program running here at home. I'm also hoping to finish up a certification test in my industry before I really don't have time to study. But my favorite is just thinking about the baby and spending time with Patrick and Maggie. Every day is so precious and I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful husband and our amazing family and friends.

No comments: